Solved

How do I use the Eightfold Chrome extension with LinkedIn?

• 2 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

How to use the Eightfold Chrome extension with LinkedIn to update and add candidates to my talent pool.

icon

Best answer by Alex Williams 2 May 2022, 17:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hello Community,

Before you begin

Check that you have given Eightfold the right permissions for your Chrome browser. If your default permission is set to Block third-party cookies, use the following steps:

1. Go to Chrome Browser settings.
  2. Navigate to Privacy and security>Site>Cookies and site data.
  3. If the Block third-party cookies configuration is enabled, then add https://app.eightfold.ai under Allow.

Installing the extension

If you want to install this extension using Eightfold, use the following steps:

1. Using the Chrome browser, log into your Eightfold account.
  2. From the header menu, click on your name and select Account.
  3. Click Plugins & Extensions.
  4. Next to the Chrome Extension option, click Install Extension.

The plugins and extensions section on your account page.

Changing the server for the extension

This section explains how to change your server. If you’re working in Europe, use the following steps to specify the app-eu server.

1. Click on the Eightfold extension.
  2. Select Options.
  3. In the Server field, specify app-eu.
  4. Click Save.

Using the extension on LinkedIn

This section describes how to use the extension on LinkedIn. The extension only activates when viewing a candidate profile.

Note: You must be logged in to your Eightfold account before using this extension.

Initiating the extension

1. Log in to your LinkedIn account.
  2. Open a candidate profile. 
  3. Click on the Eightfold extension, which appears on the right of the omnibox.

Once you open a candidate profile, the extension opens up with the following information:

• The candidate’s name and email address 
  • Any recruiting activity
  • Your open positions 

Saving a candidate

1. Navigate to the candidate’s LinkedIn profile.
  2. On the extension, save a candidate to a role under Positions by clicking Save.
  3. To view a saved candidate, in My Positions in Talent Acquisition, go to the Leads section and select the Saved category.

Viewing positions on the extension

This section describes the visibility of a position on the extension. These positions are from My Position in Talent Acquisition. Eightfold shows positions by prioritizing the highest match score, followed by the positions which the user has bookmarked, and then positions that the user has recently interacted with.

Positions are visible on the extension in these cases:

• Bookmarked positions
  • Positions that the user has recently interacted with (such as modifying, calibrating, and updating).
  • If a user is part of the hiring team as a follower or recruiter of an open position

Positions are not visible on the extension in the following cases:

• Archived positions
  • If no position is visible in My Positions
  • If a user is part of the hiring team as a follower or recruiter of a filled or closed position.

Note: Closed positions that are bookmarked and then archived are visible in the extension.

A maximum of 40 positions are visible on the LinkedIn extension while saving a candidate using the extension.

Syncing profile changes

There are two ways that information syncing happens:

• Updated information on a LinkedIn profile syncs to that candidate’s Eightfold profile when you have the extension open on a LinkedIn profile.
  • For updated data from a public source for profiles with a public URL, Eightfold automatically refreshes the data and you do not need to use LinkedIn or the Eightfold Chrome extension.

As a best practice, we recommend using the extension to update profiles with their current information available on LinkedIn or other supported publicly available websites.